3 Feb 2008

Tokyo Banana!


The eldest sister from Japan is back in Singapore for 2 weeks and that means lots of feasting and shopping! Not to mention nice stuff from Japan. :) This time she brought over some dainty banana cakes which I couldn't stop raving about. The smooth and thick banana custard encased by the soft, fluffy cake has the texture of melted butter and tastes like the real thing, only better. It's sweet and yummy and oh so good!

No giant grapes this time but she did cart back mini mandarins. They don't taste very sweet, as I've come to expect of fruits grown in Japan. But they still look nice and plump.


If there's a downside to her homecoming, it's that we put on weight because she has so many food cravings each time she comes back. Mee goreng, nasi lemak, wanton noodles etc etc. I think I'll worry about the weight gain later. In the meantime, good food, here I come!

No comments: