27 Feb 2011

A little plan for a long journey

OK, so I have been trying to do a little planning for my future and here is the rough idea: as I have just signed up for the Grade 5 practical violin exam and am thoroughly not prepared for it, from now till September my focus will be dedicated to music, both practical and theory. 


After that, I will embark on a diploma in translation, for which again I feel I'm not qualified to take on. But then, I've been thinking of this for a long time, even taking up a business Mandarin course to brush up on my Chinese a little. I don't know why, but I desperately want to be effectively bilingual. Taking the diploma part-time would take up about 2 years. And after that, maybe I can realistically start to eye a master's in Chinese Studies, or something similar. 


It's very tempting to want to do everything at the same time, but unfortunately I have a one-track mind and can focus only on one thing at a time. Besides, I want to have time for fun too. :) I am not confident about my competency in all these studies that I want to pursue but maybe if I do it slowly and steadily, I will eventually get there. Learning is going to be a long journey, but one which I am eager to undertake. I just hope that this plan sticks, this time!

1 comment:

mum said...

You can do it. Mummy supports u!