20 Jun 2005

The subject is me

My birthday today :) I took leave from work today, not to enjoy myself but simply to take myself off the coveyor belt of tedium and routine for a day.

Tomorrow it'll be back to work and not that I mind very much. I enjoy my work: it gives me a lot of personal freedom and satisfaction (sometimes). I learn a lot of new things and most of the people are great. It's just that things have settled down into a routine and I feel a bit mechanical. You know, lunch at the usual place, the usual food, the usual cup of coffee in the morning and after lunch.

Since yesterday I've been seized by this aspiration to further my studies. People have been asking me, plodding me to do it, but I didn't feel the impetus to get started on it. It's a huge investment, in monetary terms and effort. I know that I'd want a Masters degree, it's just that I don't believe I should be pushed into it by others.

I shall start to do a bit of research for the research topic. The deadline is next January so I have sometime. I hope to get a scholarship for this so the preparation for application is going to take awhile.

No comments: