21 Mar 2006

You go, Mraz!

Read in the newspaper about Jason Mraz, who came here for a small concert last week as part of a music festival.

He discovered Milo and started to add the drink (something like hot chocolate, except I think it's nicer when ice-cold) to his Starbucks. He also revealed that he has a habit of pulling up his socks and tying his shoelaces real tight right before a concert as that gives him a "bounce". Haha, that's what I do too, pulling up my socks, when I'm getting ready to plunge into a pile of papers, all waiting to be copyedited, formatted, proofread etc.

In a review of the concert, he was reported to be a riot, bantering with the audience and the band on stage.

The reporter called him a "livewire", and he was jumping around the stage so much that he overturned the cymbal of his percussionist. And he received 2 standing ovations too.

Gee, I wish I had attended the concert. Believe it or not I've not been to a pop concert before. The only music concerts I've been to was by the NY Philharmonic and only because the school made us go. And some lousy violin concert to showcase sub-standard, over-priced Y*m*h* violins. Gave me a headache, that one.


Hold a concert again soon, Mraz!

No comments: